A near-perfect material for the highest standards in modern beekeeping
- Polypropylene’s outstanding cost-to-performance ratio is one of the determining factors for its use over all other alternatives of the market. In fact, no other synthetic or wooden beehive can outperform Technosetbee’s robustness, vast range of modularity and versatility.
- Zero initial preparation, all hives and their components are perfectly assembled and ready to use.
- Most durable structure ever built. Molded without any corner joints. Safely twist and pry the frames without the risk of damaging the integrity of your brood boxes or supers.
- Impenetrable structure will last for many-many years against assaults from insects, rodents, small or big animals. Even a mighty bear can’t damage the integrity of a Technosetbee hive.
- Easy cleaning with a hot water pressure washer. Complete sanitation can be done easily with bleach and water.
- Superior insulation. In our hives the queen will often lay eggs even on the outside frames. This is in complete contrast to wooden hives where the outer frames become too cold or too hot for brood development.
- All parts are 100% compatible and interchangeable with the existing standard Langstroth 10-frame woodenware and their accessories.
- Zero maintenance: No paint, nails, glue or any kind of repairs ever again!
- Most Hygienic - Non absorbent (hydrophobic) to vapor and water makes PP highly resistant to fungus/mildew
- Pest-free, because polypropylene’s surfaces have no cracks and will never develop any irregularities to harbor pests like wood.
- Zero fanning, this means that worker bees are allocating their vital energy for foraging supplies even during the very hot days whereas in woodenware, are mainly preoccupied in cooling down the brood and the foundation.
- +30% more honey stored annually. This surplus occurs due to the fact that the colony consumes less energy (honey) throughout the year to sustain all their vital functions.
- +25% more brood development annually. Often, the strong colonies will maintain their brood development even during the cold winter.
- Made from 100% virgin food-grade Polypropylene and manufactured according to the EU food safety standards.
*PP is a thermoplastic polymer, unique for its characteristics and widely used in many different and demanding applications such as, food containers, medical grade devices, implants, syringes, short-use contact lenses, nonwoven fabrics, automotive industry, textiles, clothing, thermal underwear, home carpets, etc.